When the unconventional concept of a full carbon downhill clincher was presented, the idea was met with incredulous comments of, “it will never happen.” But our thoughts were focused on achieving faster cornering speeds, direct lines, maximum durability, and responsive accelerations that were previously unachievable. We had to make it ENVE® worthy, and in 2011 when Steve Peat used the same set of race wheels all year, we figured the rims were ready. So here we are, after nearly two years on the world’s harshest courses under the world’s best riders, we are ready to offer this factory race technology to the world.
ENVE is proud to release the world’s first all carbon downhill rim...
DH specific 100% uni-direction carbon fiber construction provides:
- -Unprecedented tracking and cornering performance
- -Sizeable weight savings over DH specific alloy rims, most DH specific alloy rims weigh between 580-660 grams
- -Improved stiffness over DH specific alloy rims
Proprietary Toughened Resin System:
- -Guarantees superior strength and impact resistance when
- compared to much heavier alloy rims
- -Dampens trail feedback
ENVE Patented Molded Spoke Hole Technology:
- -Virtually maintenance free wheel builds
- -Stronger spoke holes allow for higher spoke tensions
*ERD includes additional length for internal nipples
||30mm (21mm Internal)|
|WEIGHT: King ISO DH**
*Weights are based on the average complete wheelbuild using 32 hole rims and may vary +/- 2%. Wheelset weights do not include valve stems, rim strips, or tubeless tape.
Maximum tire pressure: 40 psi