Words and Photos by Lottie Bildirici
- 2 ½ Cups plus 1 Cup Old Fashion Oats
- ½ Cup of Chia Seeds
- ¼ Cup of Maca Powder
- 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 3 Bananas (very ripe if possible, frozen can be used just let thaw)
- 2 Cups of Unsweetened Almond Milk (or a combination of almond milk and orange juice)
- ½ Cup of Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 Cups of Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Combine 2 ½ cups of old fashion oats,chia seeds, maca powder,baking powder, in a food processor. Pulse for approximately 1 minute until it resembles flour
- Add banana pulse one minute, add almond milk and apple sauce pulse again till combined fully.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and fold in the berries and additional 1 cup oats.
- Spray muffin pans with non-stick spray. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop muffins into tray.
- Sprinkle with oatmeal.
- Bake for around 35 minutes until the center is fully cooked. Keeps fresh in the freezer. Warm before serving!