Words and Photos by Lottie Bildirici
- 3 cups uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk (or any nut milk)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 organic egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 apple pealed and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Combine the milk, applesauce, egg, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Add milk mixture to oat mixture. Stir well. Then fold in diced apples.
- Pour oat mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- This is an easy recipe to double, so if you are serving a crowd, double and bake in a 9 by 13 pan. Bake for double the time. Serve warm.