Welcome to the ENVE Demo Program
The best way to know WHY ENVE, is to ride a pair for yourself.
The ENVE Demo program allows you to ride ENVE on your own bike, on your own terms. Therefore, we invite you to put the ENVE wheelset of your choice through the paces and feel the ENVE difference in the real world.
How it Works:
- Select the ENVE wheelset you wish to demo
- ENVE Customer Service will contact you to give a brief wheel specification consultation
- ENVE will deliver your demo wheelset within 3 business days
- Upon receipt you will have 14 days to demo your wheelset
- Upon completion of 14 day demo period, repackage and return wheelset to ENVE using provided return shipping label
- *Purchase within 60 days and demo fee will be credited back to you
Cost - $250*
- Includes shipping to and from ENVE
- Wheelset delivered complete & ready to ride
(Includes: Installed Tires, Rotors, Cassette & Emergency Repair Kit
Choose WheelsetSES (Aero Road Wheelsets) – Present Images of available models w/ review ratings, same as category pages M Series (Mountain Wheelsets) – Present Images of available models w/ review ratings, same as category pages
A full-carbon road hub that improves drive response, saves weight, and increases wheel build stiffness via a refined hub flange geometry, and lacing pattern. The hub’s new geometry is paired with a new high engagement ratchet and premium stainless steel bearings, making this, the highest performance road hub available.
The Carbon Road Hub is for cyclists who want light weight, maximum efficiency, strength, and reliability.
Simply put, we are never satisfied. The new ENVE Carbon Road Hub builds upon the first generation carbon road hub’s legacy by addressing the previous design’s shortcomings and improving upon it’s strengths. First, we scrapped the drive system of the previous design in order to create the opportunity to design a more efficient hub shell with optimal flange geometries, and engagement. After an extensive study of build geometry we settled on a hub shell geometry that delivers 16% more lateral stiffness when compared to the first generation carbon hub shell, and is on par with the leading hubs in the industry as related to lateral stiffness. Additionally, the flanges of the hub have been completely redesigned to prevent premature spoke fatigue and feature a new spoke hole pattern that increases drive stiffness and reduces weight. The new drive system features a 40t ratchet compared to the previous generations 18t. A ratchet style drive system was chosen over a pawl system for it’s increased drive response, lighter weight, and ease of serviceability. To keep the Carbon Road Hub rolling smooth and fast, we opted for high grade custom stainless steel bearings and races to prevent corrosion in any condition or environment. The outer bearing’s are fully sealed to eliminate debris from entering while the internal seals are non-contact to reduce rolling resistance. To reinforce the low maintenance objectives of these hubs, we developed what we call “Perfect Preload.” Perfect Preload™ means that you’ll never need to set or adjust the preload of your hubs, and bearing life is prolonged.
|Lacing Pattern||Radial||2x/2x or 2x/1x|
|Center to Flange||39.5mm||L-37mm, R-19mm|
|Axle||QR 100mm||QR 130mm|
|Internal Axle Diameter||10mm||17mm|
|Freehub||N/A||Shimano/SRAM HG, XDR, Campy|
- Tuned wave washer applies consistent and even force on bearing stack-up to eliminate bearing play
- Improves bearing efficiency by reducing friction
- Ensures prolonged bearing life when compared to competing systems on the market
- No tools or adjustments required
Hub Flange & Spoke Holes
By pairing the spoke holes on the hub flange we optimize the usage of the hub flange diameter as well as the hub lacing pattern. Here are the benefits of this design:
- Driving spokes are closer to tangent
- More material can be removed from the hub flange saving weight
- Shorter spokes can be used compared to traditional 3X lacing pattern – saving weight
- The driving lever arm is maximized without increasing the flange diameter, thus maximizing torsional stiffness
- ENVE hub has the largest flange diameter but not the highest total area because all excess shell material has been removed between spoke holes.
- This design reduces the tradeoffs between wheel build geometry and weight savings.
The Carbon Road Hub’s shell is handmade in Ogden, UT, USA in the ENVE factory. This hub shell is the only full-carbon hub shell in the world. But what is more important is that the hub shell isn’t carbon for carbon’s sake. Using our carbon expertise earned over more than a decade of molding some of cycling’s most advanced carbon structures, we are able to achieve durability, weight savings, and hub geometry that would simply be impossible to achieve with aluminum.
- Front 70g
- Rear 185g
- Scalloped flanges reduce weight
- Freehub body machined over bearings for weight reduction
- Hub shell handmade in the USA at ENVE
Molded Spoke Holes
- Tuned for j-bend type spokes and reduced fatigue
- Spoke hole pull through improved by 14%
- Spoke fatigue improved by 67%
In the same way that a mediocre hub can bring down a world-class rim, a high maintenance or otherwise underperforming bearing can bring down what would otherwise be a best in class hubset. For this reason the Carbon Road Hub comes spec’d with custom premium grade stainless steel bearings. Those familiar with the original ENVE carbon road hub know that it included ceramic bearings. While ceramic bearings are capable of delivering extremely low rolling resistance and therefore high levels of efficiency, this is primarily achieved by using non-contact bearing seals that eliminate friction between the bearing race and its seal. While fast for the moment, this bearing setup is readily contaminated and if not maintained, bearing performance can be compromised in one ride through harsh weather conditions.
It is our opinion that the stainless steel bearing spec’d in the Carbon Road Hub is an upgrade over the first generation’s ceramic bearing both in terms of rolling efficiency and long term reliability. To achieve a balance of long term reliability and efficiency contact bearing seals are used anywhere a bearing is exposed to the elements while non-contact type bearing seals are used on all internal bearing faces.
In testing, the stainless steel bearings rolled fast and smooth for literally thousands of miles beyond what the best ceramic bearings were capable of. Additionally, the use of stainless steel means that for cyclists living near the coast, in high humidity, or frequently riding in the rain, your bearings will resist corrosion and look beautiful for years beyond what a traditional bearing is capable of.