Words and Photos by Lottie Bildirici
This quinoa salad is perfect to pack for lunch and it makes for a great side at dinner as well. I partnered with NOW foods to create this summer quinoa salad using their organic kitchen staples, which I always have on hand! The key to easy healthy cooking is to invest in your kitchen pantry and keep things like quinoa, nuts and seeds on hand so when you find yourself coming back from a long trip or with no time to shop, you can still whip something up. If you plan on making this and eating it throughout the week I recommend putting the avocado and almonds on the side and adding it in just before you eat.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 roasted chickpeas (roast canned chickpeas in the oven for 35-45 minutes with sea salt and pepper)
- 1/2 cup mango diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients (if eating the next day or throughout the week add avocado and almonds day of)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Salt to taste
- In a mini chop or small food processor or blend, blend everything together until smooth. Once dressing is made, toss it with the quinoa mixture.