Words and Photos by Lottie Bildirici
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, core 6 apples and place in a baking dish
- In a food processor process 1 cup oats, date sugar, raisins, nut butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture starts to stick together slightly
- Now add remaining 1/2 cup oats and pecans. Process just to combine. You want to leave it so the nuts and oats don’t completely process.
- Stuff the apple centers with the mixture and sprinkle any remaining mixture around the apples.
- Cover the apples and cook for about an hour. Cooking time will depend on the size of your apples so check on them periodically. I cooked mine for 1 1/2 hours.