The road less traveled is irresistible, constantly beckoning - don't ignore it, embrace it. The All-New Foundation AG25 & AG28 are here to take you there, and bring you back again...when you're ready.
Introducing The Foundation Gravel Collection
YOUR FOUNDATION FOR ADVENTURE
- Choose your adventure. From racing to bikepacking, the AG25 and AG28 gravel wheels are designed with proven gravel technologies and ride characteristics first introduced in our G Series line of performance gravel wheels. The newest members of the Foundation Collection bring the technology, U.S. manufacturing, and Lifetime Incident Protection of ENVE’s premium wheels to a lower price.
YOUR UNCOMPROMISING COMPANION
- Preparation is key to a successful adventure into uncharted territories. Our experiences developing and riding the flagship G Series and M Series have created a quiver of performance-enhancing features that have been incorporated into the AG25 and AG28 wheel models.
- • Crafted Carbon Laminate Tuned for Compliance
- • Molded External Spoke Holes
- • Wide Hookless Bead Anti-Pinch Flat Technology
- • Best-in-Class Impact Resistance
- • Tubeless Optimization
- The AG25 & AG28 are designed to be your uncompromising companion when you unwittingly bite off more than you can chew.
FOUNDATION MODELS ARE HANDMADE IN THE USA
THE AG25 & AG28 ARE MADE IN ODGEN, UTAH.
RIDE TUNED TO REWARD YOUR HARDEST EFFORTS
- The AG25 & AG28 were designed to withstand the unexpected and support you when the going gets rough. Given the importance of comfort and compliance when riding unsuspended on rough surfaces, we set out to better understand the correlation between comfort and various rim constructions. What resulted was a progression of more than a dozen unique rim laminates to balance the rim’s compliance, weight, and responsiveness.
- • Shallow rim depth allows improved vertical compliance and vibration damping
- • Rim cross-section and laminate optimized for responsive power transfer and cornering stability
By using on-board data acquisition equipment and aligning it with subjective test ride feedback, our laminate design team have refined the AG25 & AG28 to deliver a ride quality that is both responsive and compliant, supportive yet forgiving.
MAKE PINCH FLATS A THING OF THE PAST
- The cringe-inducing impact between rock and rim is something we’ve all experienced when the desire to shred trail overwhelms our better judgement. Unless you’re running too much tire pressure, that impact will typically result in a pinch flatted tire.
The AG25 and AG28 feature our patent pending Wide Hookless Bead technology which has proven to shrug off pinch flats to the tune of a 60% improvement over a traditionally narrower hookless bead.
BUILT TO SHRUG OFF YOUR BAD IDEAS
- So, you've decided to descend that mountain bike trail on your gravel rig. Or maybe you didn't have a choice, it was the only way to get from point A to point B. No worries, we encourage it. Which is why we've designed and tested the Foundation AG wheels using our proven M Series impact testing protocol. The result is a wheel that inspires confidence when you need it the most, even when you aren't looking for it.
WE’VE GOT YOUR BACK FOR LIFE
Lifetime Incident Protection and 5 Year Warranty
BIG TIRES FOR BIG RIDES
ENSURE YOU’RE RUNNING THE BEST SIZE TIRE & TIRE PRESSURE.Wheel performance is only as good as the tires and setup you employ for your next adventure.
The AG25 and AG28 each feature an inner rim width optimized to accommodate the latest trends in high-volume tubeless tires.
AG25 = Inner Rim Width of 25mm
Minimum Recommended Tire Size of 32mm
AG28 = Inner Rim Width of 28mm
Minimum Recommended Tire Size of 45mm
YOUR SPOKE NIPPLES SHOULD BE THE LAST THING YOU’RE WORRIED ABOUT
- By employing ENVE's patented molded spoke hole technology and configuring it for external nipples, you can rest assured that you're riding a wheel that's been built for reliability and serviceability when you need it most.
THE FOUNDATION COLLECTION
THE MISSION OF THE FOUNDATION COLLECTION IS TO DELIVER A BEST-IN-CLASS RIDE EXPERIENCE THROUGH CRAFTED CARBON AND CORE ENVE TECHNOLOGIES.
When ENVE moved into its new state-of-the-art carbon manufacturing and testing facility, a major milestone towards becoming the carbon wheel manufacturing powerhouse was realized. Over three years later, the additional learnings, capacity, and efficiency this new facility has delivered has allowed us to create the Foundation Collection, a completely new wheel line that holds true to ENVE’s mission of creating a better rider experience for rider’s outside the highest echelon of the wheel aftermarket.
|Rim Technology||Shallow 21mm Rim Depth for Compliance||Unique Bell Rim Shape for Weight Savings, Compliance, and Wide Hookless Bead Technology|
|Anti-Pinch Flat Technology||Wide Hookless Bead||Wide Hookless Bead|
|Molded Spoke Holes and Valve Hole||Yes||Yes|
|Spoke||Sapim CX Sprint||Sapim CX Ray|
|Hub Model||ENVE Foundation Road Hub, i9 1/1||ENVE Premium Alloy, Chris King, i9 Torch|
|Hub Bearings (ENVE Hubs)||NTN Premium Steel||NTN Premium Stainless Steel|
|Wheelset Weights||AG25 - 1480g||G23 - 1305g|
|AG28 - 1480g||G27 - 1275g|
|Warranty||Lifetime Incident Protection & 5 Year Factory Warranty||Lifetime Incident Protection & 5 Year Factory Warranty|
|MSRP Range $USD||$1600||$2550+|