Words and Photos by Lottie Bildirici
Standard pancakes are considered comfort food but they are also often loaded with sugar. So I took some of my favorite smoothie ingredients and created this naturally sweetened pancake recipe. It is packed with fiber and complex carbohydrates that will keep you full all morning long. It reminds me of a PB&J sandwich all wrapped into a warm pancake.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen berries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of nut butter
- Cooking spray
- In a blender, grind oats, baking powder, and cinnamon until a flour forms.
- Add in remaining ingredients (except for cooking spray) and blend until smooth.
- Place a nonstick pan over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Once pan is hot, pour in about ¼ cup of batter.
- Cook pancakes one at a time for a few minutes on each side.