The AG28 combines a small diameter rim with high-volume tires — the perfect platform for good times.
• Intended Use: Gravel, Bikepacking
• Inner Rim Width: 28mm
• Recommended Tire Size: 45-57mm (2.25″)
• Tubeless Optimized; Tube Compatible
• Starting at $1,400
Can’t find your wheelset online? See our Dealer Locator for availability.
- Impact Toughness
“DESPITE ME RIDING LIKE A BAG OF ANVILS, I DIDN’T FAZE THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE WHEELS IN THE SLIGHTEST.”– road.cc
goodbye to pinch flats
The cringe-inducing impact between rock and rim is something we’ve all experienced when the desire to shred trail overwhelms our better judgement. Unless you’re running too much tire pressure, that impact will typically result in a pinch flatted tire.
The AG25 and AG28 feature our patent pending wide hookless bead technology which has proven to shrug off pinch flats to the tune of a 60% improvement over a traditionally more narrow hookless bead.
By using on board data acquisition equipment and aligning it with subjective test ride feedback, our laminate design team have refined the AG25 & AG28 to deliver a ride quality that is both responsive and compliant, supportive yet forgiving.
• Shallow rim depth of 21mm allows improves vertical compliance and vibration damping
• Rim cross-section and laminate optimized for responsive power transmission and cornering stability
So, you’ve decided to descend that mountain bike trail on your gravel rig. Or maybe you didn’t have a choice, it was the only way to get from point A to point B. No worries, we encourage it. Which is why we’ve designed and tested the Foundation AG wheels using our proven M Series impact testing protocol. The result is a wheel that inspires confidence when you need it the most, even when you aren’t looking for it
reliability first, servicability also first
By employing ENVE’s patented molded spoke hole technology and configuring it for external nipples, you can rest assured that you’re riding a wheel that’s been built for reliability and serviceability when you need it most.
Utilizing ENVE’s core hub technologies the Foundation Road Hub delivers a high performance, maintenance-free ride experience.
• Flange spacing and hub shell geometry designed to maximize performance metrics such as wheel and drive stiffness
• ID360 40t drive mechanism delivers efficient and responsive power transmission
• Maintenance free premium full contact sealed NTN steel bearings
• Perfect Preload ™