When speed across most any terrain is priority number one, look no further than the SES 4.5. Originally designed for the cobbles and crosswinds of Paris-Roubaix to provide an aero benefit with high volume tires, the SES 4.5 was the first of its kind and is now re-designed to deliver more speed in a lighter package.
• Go fast, everywhere
• 1511g Wheelset Weight Avg. (XDR) (+/- 2%)
• Inner Rim Width: 25mm
• Aero optimized tire size: 27mm-28mm
• Minimum labeled tire size: 27mm
• For Use With Tubeless Tires Only
“The SES 4.5 is the wheelset with the most representation on the ENVE Lunch Ride for a reason. It balances speed, stability, weight, and versatility better than any other wheel in our collection.”– JAKE PANTONE, VP OF PRODUCT AND BRAND
ENVE’s aero wheel development program is driven by our Real-World Fast mantra. This means that each wheel is developed under consideration of airflow efficiency, crosswind stability, handling, weight, tire integration, and much more. The result is a refined collection of wheels that are purpose built to be best-in-class and provide the maximum speed and efficiency benefit available for their intended discipline application.
Over time, the SES 4.5 has redefined the bar by which all other aero wheels are judged. Faster than nearly all our competitor’s deeper wheels, while also being lighter, and more confidence inspiring in gusting crosswinds, the SES 4.5 is the ENVE house favorite for a reason. If you’re a speedfreak looking for the perfect race wheelset, look no further.
There’s a simple reason why SES wheels consistently score “best in test” in nearly any third-party aero test. We’re committed to sweating the small stuff and chasing the marginal gains that others will not.
- In-frame development and ride testing have taught us that unique rim shapes and constructions between the front and back wheels optimize efficiency and the ride experience.
- Front wheels are designed to maximize crosswind stability. A rider’s stability on the bike, especially in time trial and triathlon, is critical for aero efficiency and overall performance.
- Rear wheels are designed to recapture air flow as it passes from the front of the bike to the back, which maximizes drag reduction.
- Aerodynamically optimized around modern high-volume tubeless tires.
- The all-new SES lineup was developed around the ENVE SES 27mm tire.
- Tested at 20 mph (32 kph) and 30 mph (48 kph). Our SES promise of Real-World Fast isn’t limited only to cycling’s elite.
- Weighted Average Drag – All wind angles are not created equally. Anemometer data shows that most of your ride time will be spent in wind at less than 12 degrees yaw. Weighted average drag is a tool that helps a rider understand the aero efficiency of a wheelset in real-world wind and riding conditions.