The ENVE 65 provides best-in-class aerodynamics and confidence-inspiring cross-wind stability to assist you in your hardest efforts in time trial and triathlon racing.
• Intended Use: Triathlon & Time Trial
• Inner rim width: 21mm
• Aero Optimized Tire Size: 25c-28c
• Starting at $1,750
Wheelsets are temporarily unavailable for online purchase. See our Dealer Locator for availability.
“ENVE’S new mid-budget wheelset might just be what triathletes need—without a lot of what they don’t.””–Triathlete
Wind-Tunnel Tested, Real-World Proven
Like our SES wheel family, the Foundation Collection and its ENVE 65 were tested and developed at the Mercedes Benz Formula One wind-tunnel to deliver best-in-class real world aero performance. Unlike other wheel brands who only test isolated wheels at elite speeds of 30mph/48kph, ENVE develops and tests wheels in-frame at multiple speeds ranging from 20mph/32kph to 30mph/48kph. This testing, while more time consuming and expensive, ensures that the ENVE 65 delivers performance advantages to riders of all abilities.
Roll Fast, Flat Less
Tubeless is the future and the future is now. The benefits of road tubeless are as follows:
• Lower rolling resistance – By eliminating the inner-tube, the friction between tire and tube is also eliminated, allowing the tire roll, flex, and conform to the road with greater efficiency.
• Flat less, ride more – Flat tires are a buzz-kill. With a little sealant you can eliminate nearly all flats that would have been caused by an intrusive thorn or piece of debris.
• Run the Best Pressure – Tubeless means you can run the pressure you want to maximize comfort, traction, and rolling efficiency. (Visit our tire pressure page to dial in your best tire pressure)
• Hookless/Straight-Sidewall Design -Tubeless performance depends on the tire maintaining a light press-fit with the rim on the bead seat diameter. ENVE chooses a hookless tubeless rim profile as it allows the rim’s critical tolerance at the bead seat diameter to be both consistent and accurate. In short, hookless is chosen to deliver a more safe, reliable, and ultimately proper tire fitment.
The ENVE 65 is optimized for use with tubeless tires greater than 25mm wide. Please refer to our Tire Compatibility page to see what tires are approved/recommended for use with the ENVE 65.
Pot-Hole and Impact Protection
Potholes and unforeseen impacts are part of life, but that doesn’t mean they need to ruin your ride. The ENVE 65 features ENVE’s patent pending Wide Hookless Bead which is a design element at the leading edge of the rim that dissipates impact energy and reduces the likelihood of pinch flatting your tubed or tubeless tire.
PATENT #US 8,313,155
ENVE’s patented process of molding spoke and valve stem holes results in rims that are stronger and lighter. Because carbon fiber gets its strength from continuous fibers, ENVE routes the fibers around the hole without cutting them, increasing the strength of each spoke hole. This technique pays large dividends in the final product by allowing for a lighter spoke face while improving rim strength. Because of this process, our spoke holes are capable of maintaining higher spoke tensions, greatly reducing the risk of spoke pull-through and the need to constantly true your wheels. Strong, light and maintenance free.
More Speed, Less Maintenance
Utilizing ENVE’s core hub technologies the Foundation Road Hub delivers a high performance, maintenance-free ride experience.
• Flange spacing and hub shell geometry designed to maximize performance metrics such as wheel and drive stiffness
• ID360 40t drive mechanism delivers efficient and responsive power transmission
• Maintenance free premium full contact sealed NTN steel bearings
• Perfect Preload ™
It’s no secret that we at ENVE are proud of our U.S. based manufacturing capabilities. Like all our rims, the Foundation Collection and its ENVE 65 are handmade and assembled in our Ogden, Utah based, state-of-the-art carbon wheel manufacturing facility. The ENVE 65 is covered under ENVE’s Lifetime Incident Protection program and 5 Year Factory Warranty.
YOUR PR ASSISTANT
From ENVE’s core technologies we bring to you the ENVE 65, with proven best-in-class aerodynamics, and confidence inspiring cross-wind stability to assist you in your hardest efforts. Additionally, the ENVE 65 features tubeless compatibility and pot-hole protection.
Triathletes and road racers seeking PRs in their objectives against the clock will find their efforts rewarded by the ENVE 65.
the enve 65 is a modern speed specialist in every way.
The ENVE 65 offers a ton of value and is loaded with ENVE technology, like shapes derived in a wind tunnel, tuned carbon laminates, and built-in flat tire protection. The sum of these parts isn’t just a faster ride, it’s a better ride experience. For ripping fast group rides, triathlons, and setting personal bests, the 65 is ready.
|Hub Offerings||ENVE Alloy, Industry Nine 1/1|
|Spacing||Front: 12×100 | Rear: 12×142|
|Pricing||ENVE Alloy: $1,750|
Industry Nine 1/1: $1,750
|Effective Rim Diameter||528||528|
|Aero Optimized Tire Size||25c-28c||25c-28c|
|ENVE Foundation Disc CL||770g||871g||1641g|